General & Legal Affairs
The General & Legal Affairs Department (AJZ) has the following responsibilities:
- Providing legal support to the Minister Plenipotentiary.
- Making the official preparations for the Council of Ministers’ meetings.
- Supporting and advising the Minister Plenipotentiary and/or the director of the Curaçao House with various policy issues.
- Managing various treaty dossiers.
- Monitoring political developments.
- Assisting politicians and/or delegations from Curaçao during official visits to the Netherlands.
The General & Legal Affairs Department also provides the following consular services:
- Passport applications.
- Driving License.
- Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (Certificate of Good Conduct).
- Information about marrying in Curaçao.
- Information about legalization of documents.
- Information about emigration/visa.
- Information about residence/work permits.