Weddings on Curaçao
Curaçao is an ideal wedding venue; if you choose this option, you will have to pre-arrange a number of issues and follow certain procedures. This ensures a carefree wedding and honeymoon.
As a non-resident of the island, you can get married here if you meet the following requirements:
- You and your prospective partner must live outside Curaçao.
- No later than two months before the marriage your intention to marry should be reported from the country of origin to the Civil Registry Office in Curaçao in writing (by letter). With this letter you should provide at least two possible dates and at what time of the day you want to marry. You must both sign the written request.
- In this letter, add your e-mail address and enclose the following documents:
- Birth certificate (a copy or a comprehensive extract) of both prospective partners, not older than 1 year.
- Copy of a valid passport for both prospective partners.
- Proof that you are unmarried (via the Register Office in your area) for both prospective partners, not older than 6 months.
- If either one or both of you are divorced or a widow/widower, you need to provide the relevant documents (divorce decree or death certificate), not older than 6 months.
- Copy of valid passport of the witnesses.
Depending on your personal circumstances you might be requested to provide additional documents. You will have ample time to arrange for these documents.
Within two weeks after the Civil Registry Office has received and examined your documents, you will receive a message stating that all documents submitted are in order. If not, it is then determined whether the planned wedding date and time is still feasible.
Your marriage will be officially announced on the first Saturday after your marriage application and the related documents have been approved.
In order to verify the identity of the couple, it is important that you report to the Civil Registry Office in Curaçao with your passports at least 3 days before your marriage. You can also meet with the official of the Civil Registry Office that will solemnize your marriage. You can register at:
Bevolkingsregister en Verkiezingen Curaçao (Kranshi) (Civil Registry Office)
Telephone: (+5999) 4341600
Fax: (+5999) 4618166