The Business Unit Director works under supervision of the Managing Director. The Business Unit Director is responsible for the legal, corporate, financial and administrative affairs relating to client services in the business unit with a focus on a particular client sector or product. The Business Unit Director is tasked with meeting the objectives as identified for the particular business unit and manages the budget and KPIs. While delegating the daily management to the Business Unit Managers, the Business Unit Director is expected to develop and implement a business development strategy and optimize the work processes within the team. The Business Unit Director maintains close contacts with key client relations and motivates employees within the team to continuously meet customers’ expectations.
• Maintains and grows excellent relations with existing clients, intermediaries and relevant colleagues
across the board, resulting in longstanding and profi table relationships with clients and intermediaries
and no client outflow;
• Manages more complex client issues/commercial requests, new service lines, terms & conditions.
• The Business Unit Director constructs an annual team plan and budget and aft er approval of MT,
ensures execution of the team plan, in line with organisational strategy, in order to contribute to
the realisation of organisational objectives;
• Encourages the Business Unit Managers to focus on personal development, outstanding performance
and good attitude in their teams;
• Identifies development needs, and discusses in close cooperation with the Managing Director and
the Human Resources Department, any action to be taken, including providing training, mentoring,
feedback and recognition, draft developments plans etc. if relevant;
• Works with other seniors to embed changes within the Intertrust organisation.
Pro-actively and in cooperation with colleagues, peers and MT, identifies what changes in processes,
procedures and practices are needed to deliver the planned benefits.
• Member of Local Acceptance Committee;
• Is responsible for the periodic review of all client files of own team to ensure ongoing compliance;
• Analyses competitors and relevant (service) developments and trends in markets and in fiscal,
legal and financial areas, taking into account the commercial interests of Intertrust, so as to identify
and initiate product/service improvement possibilities and signal and report commercial market
• Is in cooperation with other MT members responsible for policies, procedures & formats, in order
to ensure market competitiveness.
Do you have what our clients want?
• Master degree, legal or accounting;
• Up to date relevant international trust market knowledge: market conditions, competitors, client base,
products trends and changing legislation;
• Understanding and working knowledge of all specialisms (legal, administrative and accounting) and
ability to explain the range of trust activities to a knowledgeable audience;
• Understanding key drivers behind trust activities on commercial & operational success;
• At least 10 years trust experience;
• Experienced with people management, professional client communication, networking, internal &
• A great working attitude with an agile mindset and is a creative thinker;
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing worldleading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the effi ciency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed.
That’s why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
If this position and our diverse and growing company appeals to you, send your letter and resume by e-mail.
Deadline to apply: February 10th, 2021